How We Create The Best Business Website Package
If you’ve ever attempted to build your own website, you’ll know how frustrating it can be if you don’t have design or developer skills. There are endless options and different tricks needed to make it work, often that require plenty of trial and error… which, of course, means more of your time! That’s why businesses and organisations often choose platforms like WordPress or approach us to design and build it for them.
We’ve already explored why a website is essential for your business, but to get a polished, professional and functional site, you’ll need the right tools for the job. As the guys with the expertise, we turn to a specific tool to get the job done, and it’s the most popular web platform in the world… WordPress. We use it as the base package to build all our client’s websites, and here’s why:
Why Choose WordPress for Your Business Website?
WordPress is a versatile and proven platform for building business or company websites for several reasons:
- User-Friendly Customisation: WordPress is known for its user-friendly back end, which makes it accessible for all members of your team, regardless of their knowledge level. You don't need to be a coding expert to create and manage a WordPress website that meets your and your customers’ needs.
- SEO: WordPress is considered a good platform from an SEO perspective as it provides clean code, customisable URLs, and many trusted, high-quality SEO plugins that can improve a website's visibility in search engines.
- Content Management: WordPress began as a blogging platform, and it excels at managing and publishing content. Its ease of use means that virtually everybody within an organisation can add, edit, and organise text, images, videos, and other media.
- Scalability: Whether you're a small startup or a large corporation, WordPress can scale to meet your needs. You can start with a basic website and expand its features as your business grows. In fact, some of the largest websites in the world are built on the platform.
- E-Commerce Integration: WordPress can integrate with a wide range of e-commerce plugins like WooCommerce, Shopify, Big Commerce and more.
- Security: While no platform is completely immune to security threats, WordPress is actively maintained, and security updates are regularly released to address vulnerabilities.
- Mobile Responsiveness: Many WordPress themes are designed to be mobile-responsive out of the box, ensuring your website both looks great and functions properly on all devices, from smartphones to tablets and desktops. This is essential with Google’s mobile-first indexing.
- Cost-Effective: The WordPress core software is free, which can be a significant bonus if you’re a small organisation. You may need to pay for hosting, themes, or plugins, but the lack of ongoing cost is a real benefit.
- Analytics Integration: You can integrate various analytics tools and plugins with WordPress to track your website's performance and user behaviour so you can make data-driven business decisions.
- Third-Party Integration: WordPress can integrate with various third-party services and apps, making it easier to connect with social media, email marketing platforms, payment gateways, CRMs and more.
What WordPress components do we use to build your website?
We use WordPress as our Base website design package for all the reasons we’ve outlined above, but how does that work in the real world? Our base package has everything you need to form the foundation building blocks of your website, including:
- Drag-and-drop page builder: This enables anybody to easily create pages from scratch, even beginners. It does what it says on the tin. No coding is needed; just find the page element you want from the library and drag it into place.
- Akeeba Backup system: Sometimes, the worst happens to your site, and it goes down. Akeeba is a proven backup engine to safeguard your website from downtime and allows you to get it back up and running quickly.
- Form creation: We use components that can create a vast array of forms, from basic ones with a few simple fields to multi-page forms with dynamic content.
- Dynamic landing pages: Rather than having a single landing page for every customer segment, we can set up dynamic CPC landing pages that change based on different search terms. This ensures that the user gets the best possible content, depending on the search term used. This allows you to customise your messaging based on the customer and their stage in the conversion funnel.
- SEO: SEO is vital to any organisation in 2023. Our WordPress base lets you build and optimise pages with easy-to-manage metatags, structured data for sitemap links, image carousels, updated body copy, and the text used in the SERPs.
- Sitemap creation: To keep things streamlined and ensure any updates are noticed quickly, our website base creates and submits your sitemap to Google Search Console to be indexed as quickly as possible.
- Open Graph Tag Management: Customise and enhance posts to be shared on social media. Easily edit titles and descriptions and choose images that are platform-specific to share on any channel.
Still unsure what you need?
While WordPress offers numerous advantages, and we wouldn’t use it if we didn’t rate it, it's essential to note that the success of your business website depends on factors beyond the platform itself.
Your website's performance, security, and user experience also rely on your hosting provider, chosen themes and plugins, content quality, and ongoing maintenance. It's crucial to plan and manage your WordPress site effectively to achieve the best results for your business.
If you need any advice on ensuring you get the best website for your organisation, contact us now and we can talk you through your options. For example, you may be unsure whether a custom-built or off-the-shelf site is better for you or if you should undertake a rebrand at the same time. Whether it’s a simple or complex site, we’re experts in creating websites that stand out, so don’t hesitate to get in touch.